The Investment Ready: Certified Site Program has just celebrated some important milestones: its 2-year Anniversary and the close of its application intake round on October 30, 2015.
Since the initial launch of this Province-wide program for industrial sites in December, 2013, the first in all of Canada, Ontario has already certified 10 sites, has 40 sites currently undergoing the process and one site sold! One of these 10 sites is right here in Windsor-Essex, located in Lakeshore on Patillo Road!
The importance of being investment ready.
The reality is that the site selection game is changing. There are over 30 certification programs already in existence in the U.S. We need to be at the front of the investment line with a strategic advantage and this program delivers exactly that. You can stay competitive with other jurisdictions by extending your marketing reach on a global scale.
Demonstrating investment readiness is key to FDI. You may only have one chance to woo (or wow) an investor, get on the short list, and ultimately land a deal. Site selectors may only take next steps to investing with a greater degree of certainty when looking for development, if they know that they have detailed information about the availability of lands. So, help make their site selection process effortless. Demonstrate that you are open for business!
Certification Benefits and Rewards – Stand out from the crowd – join the inventory!
Site selectors and investors are working under short timelines amongst fierce competition. The Investment Ready Program allows Ontario site owners to stand out from the crowd when competing for FDI and demonstrates investment readiness by building confidence through a high level of due diligence completed on a site. Ontario’s international marketing reach and investment attraction strategy increases your chances of success with this competitive advantage. Some note-worthy benefits of participating in this Program are:
- Applicants have access to funding assistance from the government to undertake the certification process;
- Certified sites benefit by being integrated into the Province’s investment attraction strategy that includes dedicated marketing materials and support for your property, site information distributed to and utilized by international investment colleagues at multiple levels of government, and by being top of mind for high quality FDI leads being managed by the Province.
They make it easy for you – they will create the necessary marketing materials for your property and distribute them internationally through a series of dedicated and strategic channels, such as:
- Detailed sales materials (sell sheets) customized for each site illustrated the most attractive features of your property and community;
- Properties are featured on the Ministry’s international website (InvestinOntario.com) that targets global investors.
- Ontario’s international social media channels have an abounding capacity to promote the growing inventory of certified sites to a vast global audience.
- The program takes advantage of its ongoing advertising and editorial support in key industry publications (i.e. Site Selection Magazine) and through continuous participation in key trade shows and conferences.
For complete program guidelines and application forms, visit Ontario.ca/CertifiedSite. Start your journey to site certification, today! This mark of distinction has its privileges!
Watch for a new and improved Investment Ready: Certified Site Program coming in 2016.
If you have any questions about the program, contact:
WindsorEssex Economic Development Corp.
519-255-9200, Ext. 2222 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay current with other programs and initiatives, be sure to visit our News Section at www.choosewindsoressex.com
Marion Fantetti is the Business Ombudsman for the
WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation